Chapter 06: The Beginner’s Guide to
The EMF Survey:
Call an EMF Consultant or DIY?
Should you Do-it-yourself or Call an EMF Specialist
Surveying Your Home: Contact an EMF Pro or DIY?
If you’ve decided that you want to survey your home to learn if there are any irregular EMF levels, the next step is deciding whether you want to hire an EMF professional, try to go about the investigation alone, or a mixture of the two.
In the end this decision depends solely on you, your budget and your available time.
When to call an EMF Expert or Building Biologist
- If you’re experiencing uncertainty about the entire process.
- You’re not as curious about the science or the accumulated data and simply want to make sure your family is safe from the possible biological risks of EMFs.
- You just don’t have the time to purchase or rent a meter, do the survey yourself, and lead any subsequent mitigation efforts.
- If you don’t want to take a chance with the survey readings and want to ensure that professional-grade meters are being utilized.
Who may want to DIY
- A person who enjoys DIY activities and would enjoy the process and technical aspects of taking your own EMF meter readings
- Someone who has the time and inclination to properly do the surveys and research what the results mean to one’s home and office environments
- Someone who will use the tools for subsequent surveys of loved one’s and friends’ homes, can afford to add the tools to their collection of useful instruments, or feels comfortable reselling the meters on the secondary market when no longer needed.
When to utilize both
- There’s nothing stopping you from taking your own readings and then consulting an EMF specialist. Most EMF specialists will consult with you over the phone/skype/facetime for a reasonable hourly fee.
- This is an effective means of surveying a home that isn’t in practical traveling distance from the service area of the EMF specialist.
– – – – – – –
It’s important to reiterate that Electromagnetic Radiation Specialists and other EMF professionals, beyond having hundreds or thousands of hours of specialized training and experience, also utilize professional grade meters.
The discrepancy in readings from the lower-end meters and these professional meters can be significant and this can mean that homeowners won’t receive the full picture of EMF exposure.
Read an example of this from Dave Green, a Building Biologist and EMF Consultant in Michigan.
– – – – – – –
REMEMBER: When in doubt, or if you have any questions regarding any of this, call an EMF professional!
01 – Contact an EMF Professional
Our EMF Guide directory can help you determine how to find an EMF Professional.
more information about the beginner's guide to emfs
Beginner's Guide to EMFs
Welcome to the Beginner’s Guide to EMFs. Our site attempts to inform you of the possible invisible dangers that you and your family may be subjected to.
None of the content here should construed as medical or legal advice and is purely for learning and entertainment purposes.
Do not mess with your electrical system in any manner, way, shape, or form!
Only a certified electrician should be making changes to your electrical system!
Thanks for visiting!
All images and content are believed to be in the public domain or legally obtained. Please contact us if you believe any content to be otherwise.
Follow Us for EMF News
EMF Books and Guides
20 Ways To Reduce You & Your Family's EMF Exposure
(Our Free Guide)
Help Support Us
Learned something while visiting that can keep you and your family healthier?
The Beginner’s Guide to EMFs is a labor of love devoted to keeping people healthier and happier.
If you’ve learned something valuable while visiting, kindly consider donating to us using the button to the right.
Every little bit counts and we accept Paypal, Bitcoin and other means.
In order to keep this informational website up and running, we utilize affiliate links to Amazon.com, Ebay.com, SLT.co and other websites when linking from products on our site.
This is a small, but important revenue stream for us and we appreciate you clicking through our links before purchasing at the product websites.
Overall, It is another easy way to support us and to help spread the word.