Chapter 09: The Beginner’s Guide to
The EMF Survey:
Call an EMF Consultant or DIY?
In this chapter, we’re going to go over the question of whether you should call an EMF Pro or do-it-yourself.
Both have pros and cons and we’ll go over both to help you make the correct decision for you and your family.
Surveying Your Home:
Contact an EMF Pro or DIY?
If you’ve decided that you want to survey your home to learn if there are any elevated EMF levels, the next step is deciding whether you want to hire an EMF specialist, try to go about the investigation alone, or a mixture of the two.
In the end this decision depends solely on you, your budget and your available time.
When to call an EMF Specialist
- If you’re experiencing uncertainty about the entire process.
- You’re not as curious about the science or the accumulated data and simply want to make sure your family is safe from the possible biological risks of EMFs.
- You just don’t have the time to purchase or rent a meter, do the survey yourself, and lead any subsequent EMF reduction efforts.
- If you don’t want to take a chance with the survey readings and want to ensure that professional-grade meters are being utilized.
Who may want to DIY
- A person who enjoys DIY activities and would enjoy the process and technical aspects of taking your own EMF meter readings
- Someone who has the time and inclination to properly do the surveys and research what the results mean to one’s home and office environments
- A person who will use the tools for subsequent surveys of loved one’s and friends’ homes, can afford to add the tools to their collection of useful instruments, or feels comfortable reselling the meters on the secondary market when no longer needed.
When to utilize both
Another good route is to take your own readings and then consult an EMF specialist. Most EMF specialists will consult with you over the phone/zoom/skype/facetime for a reasonable hourly fee.
This is an effective means of surveying a home that isn’t in practical traveling distance from the service area of the EMF specialist.
When making your decision, remember that EMF specialists have hundreds or thousands of hours of specialized training and experience.
They also use professional grade meters.
The discrepancy in readings from the lower-end meters and these professional meters can be significant and this can mean that you won’t receive the full picture of EMF exposure.
Read an example of this from Dave Green, an EMF Specialist in Michigan.
When in doubt, or if you have any questions regarding any of this, call an EMF professional!
The Beginner's Guide to EMFs - Chapters
Preface - Homepage & Table of Contents
Introduction - Why I Wrote This
Ch. 01 - What are EMFs?
Ch. 02 - What are AC Magnetic Fields?
Ch. 03 - What are Radio Frequency Fields?
Ch. 04 - What is 5G?
Ch. 05 - What are AC Electric Fields?
Ch. 06 - What is Dirty Electricity?
Ch. 07 - The EMF Field Guides
Ch. 08 - Step-by-Step EMF Guides
Ch. 09 - EMF Testing; Hire an EMF Pro or DIY?
Ch. 10 - EMF Consultants Near You
Ch. 11 - DIY EMF Testing
Ch. 12 - EMF Meters for DIY Testing
Ch. 13 - DIY: The Best EMF Meters of 2021
Ch. 14 - What the EMF Test Results Mean
Ch. 15 - Taking Action
Ch. 16 - EMF Shielding Guides
Ch. 17 - Final Thoughts - Moving Forward
The Beginner's Guide to EMFs
Welcome to the Beginner’s Guide to EMFs. Our site attempts to inform you of the possible invisible dangers that you and your family may be subjected to.
None of the content here should construed as medical or legal advice and is purely for learning and entertainment purposes.
Do not mess with your electrical system in any manner, way, shape, or form!
Only a certified electrician should be making changes to your electrical system!
You can help support our EMF educational mission by using our affiliate links on Amazon.com, Ebay.com, Safe Living Technologies, Satic Shield and others by linking from products on our site.
This is a small, but important revenue stream for us and we appreciate you clicking through our links before purchasing at the product websites.
Overall, It is another easy way to support us and our educational mission.
Help Support Us
Learned something while visiting that can keep you and your family healthier?
The Beginner’s Guide to EMFs is a labor of love devoted to keeping people healthier and happier.
If you’ve learned something valuable while visiting, kindly consider donating to us using the button to the right.
Every little bit counts and we accept Paypal, Bitcoin and other means.